Definición de Lyme disease en inglés:
A form of arthritis caused by bacteria that are transmitted by ticks.
- Lyme disease is caused by the spirochaete Borrelia burgdorferi
- Meningitis can also be a feature of other diseases, including Lyme disease, Leptospirosis, Typhus, Tuberculosis and other infections.
- Some ticks transmit bacteria that cause illnesses such as Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- It is often idiopathic in origin, but may be associated with multiple sclerosis, sarcoidosis, syphilis, Lyme disease, and ocular lymphoma.
1970s: named after Lyme, a town in Connecticut, US, where an outbreak occurred.
Definición de Lyme disease en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary