- An effect in which certain atomic nuclei bound in a crystal emit gamma rays of sharply defined frequency which can be used as a probe of energy levels in other nuclei.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Using the Mössbauer effect to measure the velocity of the basilar membrane, he made a significant discovery.
- Isolated nuclei will not exhibit the Mössbauer effect because their motions cause Doppler shifts in the energies of the ray and the peak resonant energy producing a mismatch in these energies.
- The Mössbauer effect is a recoilless absorption and emission of a photon.
1960s: named after Rudolf L. Mössbauer (born 1929), German physicist.
Más definiciones de Mössbauer effectDefinición de Mössbauer effect en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.