Definición de Makonde en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Makondes)
1A member of a people inhabiting southern Tanzania and NE Mozambique.
- He saw a photograph of a sculpture by the Makonde of East Africa.
- Farther north are the Makonde near the coast and the Yao near Lake Malawi.
- One of the most important events in the life of a Makonde was initiation.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Makonde or their language.
- Nonetheless, in speaking to the world beyond, Makonde carvers employ a language of images grounded in their unique historical experience.
- These artists came to enjoy privileged status in Makonde society as demand grew within the church for their work.
- A white-jacketed Makonde waiter brought plates mounded with chicken and rice cooked over a fire.
the name in Makonde.
Definición de Makonde en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan