- A large class of crustaceans which includes crabs, shrimps, lobsters, isopods, and amphipods. They have compound eyes, which are typically on stalks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the whole the maxillopodan groups Ostracoda and Cirripedia and the Malacostraca have left the most significant fossil records.
- Development ranges from direct to metamorphic among members of class Malacostraca.
- Maxillopoda and Malacostraca are by far the most diverse of the groups and contain most animals you might typically recognize as crustaceans.
modern Latin (plural), from malaco- 'soft' + Greek ostrakon 'shell'.
Más definiciones de MalacostracaDefinición de Malacostraca en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.