Definición de Mandaean en inglés:
1A member of a Gnostic sect of Iraq and SW Iran, who regard John the Baptist as the Messiah and stress salvation through knowledge of the divine origin of the soul.
- There is even a group of Mandaeans: theirs is a tiny Gnostic sect.
- The Government has informed the tribunal that Mandaeans are discriminated against but not persecuted.
- Not surprisingly, a number of Mandaeans have fled to Australia, where they're not finding life a lot easier.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Mandaeans or their language.
- At Yardenit in Israel, there is a major baptism site on the river which attracts Greek and Russian Orthodox Pilgrims and the Mandean people of the only surviving Gnostic religion.
- Even in modern day Sydney, Aramaic dialects are used by the local Assyrian and Mandaean communities.
- Jews, Christians, even the Mandaean gnostic sect of the Sabeans, are all granted freedom to practice and to live in peace.
late 19th century: from Mandaean Aramaic mandaia 'Gnostics, those who have knowledge' (from manda 'knowledge') + -an.
Definición de Mandaean en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary