sustantivo (plural igual or Mandes)
- 1A member of any of a large group of peoples of West Africa.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nevertheless, this assortment of studies and texts, added to an already considerable corpus, serves as evidence for the appeal and the importance of the Mande in African studies.
- Among the Mande, relationships between mothers and their children are very intense and affectionate, and children of the same mother tend to rely on each other for help over the years.
- 2 [mass noun] The group of Niger-Congo languages spoken by the Mande. They include Malinke, Mende, and Bambara.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She mistakenly equates the Wolof language with Mande and refers to the local scene diminutively as ‘folk culture.’
- The African tongues, mostly Mande, influenced Kriolu chiefly in the way that grammar is used.
- There are four major ethnic groups: Kru, Akan, Mande and Voltaic.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Mande or the Mande group of languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mande languages put their verbs at the end of a sentence.
- The first is the Mande language group, which resembles Mandinka in structure, and includes Mende, Susu, Yalunka, Koranko, Kono, and Vai.
- Brink makes extensive use of native terminology to explain the essence of Mande aesthetics.
the name in Mande.
Más definiciones de MandeDefinición de Mande en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.