Definición de Mande en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Mandes)
1A member of any of a large group of peoples of West Africa.
- Nevertheless, this assortment of studies and texts, added to an already considerable corpus, serves as evidence for the appeal and the importance of the Mande in African studies.
- Among the Mande, relationships between mothers and their children are very intense and affectionate, and children of the same mother tend to rely on each other for help over the years.
2 [mass noun] The group of Niger-Congo languages spoken by the Mande. They include Malinke, Mende, and Bambara.
- She mistakenly equates the Wolof language with Mande and refers to the local scene diminutively as ‘folk culture.’
- The African tongues, mostly Mande, influenced Kriolu chiefly in the way that grammar is used.
- There are four major ethnic groups: Kru, Akan, Mande and Voltaic.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Mande or the Mande group of languages.
- Mande languages put their verbs at the end of a sentence.
- The first is the Mande language group, which resembles Mandinka in structure, and includes Mende, Susu, Yalunka, Koranko, Kono, and Vai.
- Brink makes extensive use of native terminology to explain the essence of Mande aesthetics.
the name in Mande.
Definición de Mande en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan