Definición de Manichaeism en inglés:
1A dualistic religious system with Christian, Gnostic, and pagan elements, founded in Persia in the 3rd century by Manes (circa 216-circa 276) and based on a supposed primeval conflict between light and darkness. It was widespread in the Roman Empire and in Asia, and survived in eastern Turkestan (Xinjiang) until the 13th century.
- The kings converted to Manichaeism, the ‘religion of light’, imported by refugees from the Middle East.
- Gnosticism eventually declined and was replaced by Manichaeism, founded by Mani.
- After abandoning Manicheism he turned to Neoplatism to elucidate his metaphysical thoughts about God.
1.1Religious or philosophical dualism.
- Central to its argument is the idea that the novel offers a critique of essentialism and Manicheism.
- The possibility of attaining paradise lies, instead, in the deconstruction of Manicheism by means of the integration of opposites.
- For gone is the implied but relatively crude Manichaeism of the earlier books.
Definición de Manichaeism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan