Definición de Manipuri en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Manipuris)
1A native or inhabitant of Manipur.
- As a result Manipuris, Nagas and Mizos are often asked if they are Chinese, Japanese or from some other Southeast Asian country.
- As the Manipuris get on with their daily life, Sharmila, now called the ‘iron lady’, may soon be forgotten.
- During an interaction session, she listed various aspects of the dance in relation to the day-to-day life of the Manipuris.
2 [mass noun] The official language of Manipur, which belongs to the Tibeto-Burman family.
- International productions are a huge attraction but so are plays in languages from Manipuri to Malayalam.
- This year - the 19th in the Festival's history - audiences can look forward to plays in Oriya, Panjabi, Manipuri, Urdu and Tamil, besides Bengali and Hindi.
- Textbooks and other, materials often don't get prepared in other languages like Manipuri.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the people of Manipur or their language.
- Thiyam draws from the beauty of the North East to interpret Kalidasa's ancient verses in a play in Manipuri that uses a riot of colours and the tiny, precise movements of Manipuri dance to present a taut and structured extravagance.
- Manipuri students perform the ‘Pavgal Jogai’ dance at the Youth Festival.
- What provoked the Manipuri women to protest in this unheard of manner was the custodial death of a 32-year-old Manipuri woman.
Definición de Manipuri en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan