Definición de Mapuche en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Mapuches)
1A member of an American Indian people of central Chile and adjacent parts of Argentina.
- In the south of the country, there were many tomas (land seizures) between November 1970 and April 1971, resulting in confrontations between farmers, campesinos and Mapuches (local indigenous people).
- During the period of military rule in the 1970s and 1980s, employment opportunities and working conditions were closely linked to the Mapuches' struggle to preserve their ethnic identity.
- Because Benetton's land is well fenced in other areas and Santa Rosa was known among Mapuche to be unoccupied, the family believed the plot was available.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Mapuche or their language.
- In addition, Chilean speech contains many words adopted from the Mapuche language as well as much chilenismos.
- The Mapuche medicine woman or machi (doctor, priest and pharmacist all in one) say that their source of livelihood is being directly threatened by the desiccation of native forests.
- A majority of Mapuche town dwellers live as urban workers.
the name in Mapuche, from mapu 'land' + che 'people'.
Definición de Mapuche en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan