A brown hare in the breeding season, noted for its leaping, boxing, and chasing in circles.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were lots of wheeling lapwings, many a musical skylark, a rabbit or two, a sane-looking March hare and a surprising number of bird scarers.
- Holstege points to the extraordinary behaviour seen in some animals during the breeding season, such as March hares, when the urge to mate seems to override the usual fear of predators.
- She donated the painting of a zebra, a comparatively new subject for the artist who is better known for her pictures of mad March hares boxing and of owls.
(as) mad as a March hare
- (Of a person) completely mad or irrational; crazy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phil's as mad as a March hare by the way: when he kicks off he kicks off.
- ‘One would have to be madder than a March hare to fail to see the need to act,’ said the Senator.
- "You're mad as a March hare," she said. "Let me by!"
Definición de March hare en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.