A member of an Indo-European people who inhabited ancient Media, establishing an extensive empire during the 7th century bc.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like most of the Assyrian cities, Ashur was sacked in 612 BC when the ferocious and warlike Assyrians were finally overwhelmed by the combined forces of Babylonians and Medes.
- The Medes and the Babylonians divided their power, and were themselves swallowed up in the monarchy of the Persians, whose arms could not be confined within the narrow limits of Asia.
- During the reign of the Medes, the Iranians adopted the Babylon Cuneiform symbols and later they created the Avesta and Pahlavi scripts using Arami scripts.
law of the Medes and Persians
- Something which cannot be altered: God’s laws of nature were like those of the Medes and the Persians, which changed not[with biblical allusion to Dan. vi. 12]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They became one kingdom with one law - ‘the law of the Medes and Persians’.
- He knew that if Esther refused, she too would perish because the law of the Medes and Persians showed no favoritism.
- The king hoped to dismiss the charge, but Darius’ advisors reminded the king that the law of the Medes and Persians could not be broken.
Definición de Mede en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.