A division of bats that comprises the fruit bats and flying foxes.
- Suborder Megachiroptera and family Pteropodidae, order Chiroptera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are two major groups of bats, usually given the rank of suborders, Megachiroptera and Microchiroptera.
- The Megachiroptera, or fruitbats and flying foxes, navigate largely by sight and have large, forward-facing eyes that can see in very dim light, as you can see on the skeleton of a fruitbat pictured above.
- The Megachiroptera includes the so-called fruitbats and flying foxes of the tropical forests of India, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
megachiropteran sustantivo& adjetivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The physical appearance of this species is similar to that of megachiropterans in general, with large eyes, simple ears, and no facial ornamentation.
- All megachiropterans are nocturnal with the notable exception of Pteropus samoensis.
- Baby megachiropterans are born weighing 20-30 percent of their mother's weight, and unlike many other microchiropterans, they are born with their eyes open, and with lots of hair!
Definición de Megachiroptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.