Definición de Michaelmas daisy en inglés:
A North American aster with numerous pinkish-lilac daisy-like flowers which bloom around Michaelmas.
- Aster novi-belgii, family Compositae
- A daisy is the day's eye, and an ox-eye is a type of chrysanthemum that looks like a daisy, although confusingly the Michaelmas daisy is an aster, because it resembles a star.
- Flowers of Michaelmas daisy (A. novi-belgii) come mostly in shades of blue; ‘Climax’ has true blue flowers.
- Flat topped flowerheads like achillea and open daisy-like flowers such as Michaelmas daisies are particularly attractive to insects and butterflies as they are very visible and accessible.
Definición de Michaelmas daisy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan