A North American aster with numerous pinkish-lilac daisy-like flowers which bloom around Michaelmas.
- Aster novi-belgii, family Compositae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A daisy is the day's eye, and an ox-eye is a type of chrysanthemum that looks like a daisy, although confusingly the Michaelmas daisy is an aster, because it resembles a star.
- Flowers of Michaelmas daisy (A. novi-belgii) come mostly in shades of blue; ‘Climax’ has true blue flowers.
- Flat topped flowerheads like achillea and open daisy-like flowers such as Michaelmas daisies are particularly attractive to insects and butterflies as they are very visible and accessible.
Definición de Michaelmas daisy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.