the Midas touch
- The ability to make money out of anything one undertakes.Example sentences
- With these rich historical connections and the ‘yet-to-explore’ tourist destinations, Malabar is still waiting for the Midas touch from the tourism industry.
- The man who went into Canadian metal mining and found diamonds, who invested in Irish property before the Dublin boom and who bought into five gold mines before the price of gold took off last year, certainly seems to have had the Midas touch.
- For Goodwin, hitherto regarded as banking's golden boy, this was a reminder that he does not possess the Midas touch and that investors can be an uncompromising, if sometimes ungrateful lot.
Words that rhyme with Midasnidus
Definición de Midas en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan