Definición de Mizo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Mizos)
1A member of a people inhabiting Mizoram.
- As a result Manipuris, Nagas and Mizos are often asked if they are Chinese, Japanese or from some other Southeast Asian country.
- And after Welsh missionaries arrived in the area in 1894, nearly all Bnei Menashes, Kukis and Mizos were converted from their animistic beliefs to Christianity.
- Nagas and Mizos have fought protracted guerrilla wars against the government to prevent their ethnic identities and their interests from being submerged in an India of ‘principal languages’.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Mizo or their language.
- And as a member of the Sahitya Akademi General Council, he has been doing his bit to promote Mizo language and culture in the Capital.
- Few know that 500-odd students and several government officials and families from Mizoram live in this city, and fewer still know anything about Mizo culture.
- She says that women are fighting hard for equality within the church, but it is an uphill task being pitched against the patriarchal forces of Mizo society.
the name in Mizo, literally 'highlander', from mi- 'person' + zo 'hill'.
Definición de Mizo en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan