- A projection of a map of the world on to an ellipse, with lines of latitude represented by straight lines (spaced more closely towards the poles) and meridians represented by equally spaced elliptical curves. This projection distorts shape but preserves relative area.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Mollweide projection compresses the extreme latitudes vertically and stretches them horizontally.
- In fact the projection is the Mollweide projection in which all meridians but the central on are elliptical arcs.
- The Mollweide projection was one of the first (if not the first) pseudocylindrical projection created.
early 20th century: named after Karl B. Mollweide (died 1825), German mathematician and astronomer.
Más definiciones de Mollweide projectionDefinición de Mollweide projection en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.