Definición de Montagnais en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of an American Indian people living in a vast area of Canada from north of the Gulf of St Lawrence to the southern shores of Hudson Bay.
- However, every summer Québec played host to approximately fifteen hundred Algonquins and Montagnais.
- There are almost 13,000 Montagnais in Quebec with another 800 living in Labrador.
- Both the Montagnais and the Naskapi live in shelters called wigwams.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Montagnais or their language.
- The Montagnais man awaits the slight change in the weather that signals the coming of winter in a night-long vigil.
- While in agreement with Champlain's ideals, the Montagnais chiefs found the pledge amusing, since that promise had probably been vainly reiterated many times in the previous thirty years.
- Barrett is initially frightened, subsequently irritated, and finally angry at the continued presence of the Montagnais man, signalled by his cooking fire, smoking just beyond the last portage.
from French, literally 'of the mountains'.
Definición de Montagnais en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan