- A slender migratory Eurasian bird of prey, the male having pale grey plumage with black wing tips.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Circus pygargus, family Accipitridae
- They are soon joined by black storks, lesser kestrels, short-toed eagles, Egyptian vultures, sparrowhawks, red and black kites, marsh and Montagu's harriers, ospreys, buzzards, booted eagles and more.
- At Surlingham, for instance, it became scarce very quickly when a pair of Montagu's harriers nested for five years in succession on one of my marshes near the River Yare.
- So the juvenile Montagu's harriers have started flying and giving everyone who comes to our viewpoint great views.
mid 19th century: named after George Montagu (1751–1815), British naturalist.