Definición de Ned Kelly en inglés:
1A person of reckless courage.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm not a Ned Kelly and probably no-one you know is that sort of character.
- At Glenferrie Oval, a record crowd of 36,000 shoehorned into the ground known as the Sardine Can to see Ron Barassi, a Ned Kelly figure after leaving Melbourne over summer, make his debut as Carlton's captain-coach.
Late 19th century: from the name of Ned Kelly (see Kelly, Ned).
as game as Ned Kelly
- Audaciously bold.Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Good on you Ned’ is a compliment, ‘as game as Ned Kelly’ an old saying.
- We know that by the time of the first world war, there was a saying among the Diggers in the trenches, ‘Oh he was as game as Ned Kelly’.
- From hip to shoulder he was covered with blood from the spur, an’ although he could scarcely raise a trot you could see he was still as game as Ned Kelly.
Definición de Ned Kelly en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán