- 1Relating to or denoting the later division of the Tertiary period, comprising the Miocene and Pliocene epochs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Pliocene is today defined as the later epoch of the Neogene period, between 1.8 and 5.3 Ma.
- They reveal late Cretaceous and Neogene geothermal gradients that were comparable with that at the present day, i.e. no significant increase in basal heat flow.
- The preserved Miocene sediments have allowed us to separate the effects of Palaeogene and Neogene uplift.
The Neogene lasted from about 23 to 1.6 million years ago, during which time the mammals continued to evolve and eventually developed into the forms that are familiar today
Más definiciones de NeogeneDefinición de Neogene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.