Definición de Neotropical en inglés:
1Relating to or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising Central and South America, including the tropical southern part of Mexico and the Caribbean. Distinctive animals include edentates, opossums, marmosets, and tamarins. Compare with Neogaea.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are a number of animals which prey on Neotropical river otters including anacondas, jaguars, caimans, dogs and birds of prey.
- Moreover, palm fruits have been proposed (together with figs) to be keystone resources for Neotropical vertebrate frugivores.
- They are Neotropical birds found from Mexico to central Argentina.
1.1 Botany Relating to or denoting a phytogeographical kingdom comprising Central and South America but excluding the southern parts of Chile and Argentina.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Comparison of the nectaries of the presumed hummingbird-pollinated orchids H. imbricata and M. coccinea would perhaps help us better understand the structural features that characterize the nectary of such Neotropical orchids.
- Leaf production and fall patterns are well identified for Australian savanna species and for South American Neotropical savanna species.
- Patterns of resource investment were studied in male and female individuals in a natural population of the Neotropical dioecious shrub Baccharis dracunculifolia DC throughout one reproductive season.
neotropics plural sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For vireonids in general, prevalence was 23% for Panama and 14% for the neotropics; prevalences of all hematozoans together in tropical Vireonidae were 34%.
- In contrast with the neotropics, where a virtually ‘pure African’ expanding front was observed, migrants arriving at WWR were of mixed ancestry.
- Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla [Meliaceae]) is the most valuable hardwood species in the neotropics and is seriously threatened owing to overexploitation and habitat destruction.
Definición de Neotropical en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia