- A set of concentric circular fringes seen around the point of contact when a convex lens is placed on a plane surface (or on another lens), caused by interference between light reflected from the upper and lower surfaces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the film is not held tightly against the paper, the results will be disappointing because the print will either be out of focus or show Newton's rings.
- A typical example is the existence of alternating bands of light and darkness, which, ironically enough, had been exhibited by Sir Isaac himself in a phenomenon called Newton's rings.
- Were the other encasements without Newton's rings still sealed?
Más definiciones de Newton's ringsDefinición de Newton's rings en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.