Definición de Nez Percé en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Nez Percés)
1A member of an American Indian people of central Idaho.
- However, on 5th October, 1877, the Nez Percé were surrounded by troops only 30 miles from the Canadian border.
- The time was the early 1850s, when, a young man, he was with his brother and a party of fellow Nez Percés numbering eight or nine in the Wallowa country.
- The Shahaptan family of Scouler comprised three tribes - the Shahaptan or Nez Percés, the Kliketat, a scion of the Shahaptan, dwelling near Mount Ranier, and the Okanagan, inhabiting the upper part of Fraser River and its tributaries.
2 [mass noun] The Penutian language of the Nez Percé, now with few speakers.
- Because Nez Percé subjects and objects carry morphemes revealing their function in the sentence, the word order can be quite free.
- Often, it was necessary to "invent" a new word in Nez Perce when no equivalent existed.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Nez Percé or their language.
- To understand the Nez Perce people you must first understand their landscape.
- Introduction of the horse became a defining characteristic for Nez Perce culture.
French, literally 'pierced nose'.
Definición de Nez Percé en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan