Definición de Nimby en inglés:
sustantivo (plural Nimbys or Nimbies)informal
A person who objects to the siting of something perceived as unpleasant or hazardous in their own neighbourhood, especially while raising no such objections to similar developments elsewhere: rural development arouses intense suspicion from Nimbys and conservationists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In response to these comments: it has become popular to label anyone who objects to a development as a Nimby.
- Is he bitter because they didn't get any money from the Nimbys' homes being built or are all the villagers Nimbys who live in the new developments?
- It is no answer to the problem for the Nimbys, already established in their ever-expanding residences, to propose that there should be no further development or increase in population density in Balmain.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What should I call politically motivated Nimbyism?
- The miners also accuse the anti-mining lobby of Nimbyism.
- Although these concerns are legitimate, they are easily dismissed as Nimbyism from people who care little about global warming.
1980s: acronym from not in my back yard.
Definición de Nimby en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda