Definición de Nimby en inglés:
sustantivo (plural Nimbys or Nimbies)informal
A person who objects to the siting of something perceived as unpleasant or hazardous in their own neighbourhood, especially while raising no such objections to similar developments elsewhere: rural development arouses intense suspicion from Nimbys and conservationists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In response to these comments: it has become popular to label anyone who objects to a development as a Nimby.
- Is he bitter because they didn't get any money from the Nimbys' homes being built or are all the villagers Nimbys who live in the new developments?
- It is no answer to the problem for the Nimbys, already established in their ever-expanding residences, to propose that there should be no further development or increase in population density in Balmain.
1980s: acronym from not in my back yard.
- Example sentences
- What should I call politically motivated Nimbyism?
- The miners also accuse the anti-mining lobby of Nimbyism.
- Although these concerns are legitimate, they are easily dismissed as Nimbyism from people who care little about global warming.
Definición de Nimby en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan