- A form of Norse formerly spoken in Orkney and Shetland but largely extinct by the 19th century.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By 1200, however, Scandinavian (also referred to as Danish, Old Danish, Norse, Old Norse) had ceased to be spoken in England, but survived elsewhere: for example, as Norn in Orkney and Shetland.
- In the recently acquired Orkney and Shetland islands there was a fourth, Norn, a dialect of Norwegian.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to Norn.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Norn dialects of Orkney and Shetland, Glaswegian and Highland English are all variably non-standard.
from Old Norse norrœn 'Norn, northern', from northr 'north'.
Más definiciones de NornDefinición de Norn en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.