sustantivo (plural igual or Nubas)
- A member of a Nilotic people inhabiting southern Kordofan in Sudan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Taking the ethnic perspective further, the Nuba of Sudan found little beauty in the appearance of the English anthropologist James Faris; he had a beard, hair on his arms, and white skin.
- Garang has therefore recruited from exploited non-Arab communities on the fringes of northern Sudan, such as the Nuba, and the string of peoples along the Blue Nile valley close to Ethiopia.
- In the 1960s Riefenstahl began making trips to Africa, and in 1973 she published a photographic essay about a tribe in the Sudan, The Last of the Nuba.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Nuba.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like her inclusion of Jesse Owens's feats in Olympia, Riefenstahl's Nuba fixation is often taken as evidence of her disaffection with Nazi politics.
- I recently spoke to Nuba warriors here about their struggle and asked them what they thought of the peace agreement.
- The Nuba Mountains are not in the war zone in the south where most of the civil war fighting is taking place but some Nuba people have joined the SPLA and have fought against government forces.
from Latin Nubae 'Nubians'.
Más definiciones de NubaDefinición de Nuba en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.