- 1Relating to or denoting the third epoch of the Tertiary period, between the Eocene and Miocene epochs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It includes the Palaeocene, Eocene, and Oligocene epochs, spanning the time from the end of the Mesozoic to the beginning of the Neogene, i.e. from 65 Ma to 23 Ma.
- In profiles though the summit, Qum Kuh can be considered as a pile of recumbent fold nappes of gneissose and mylonitic Oligocene and Miocene salts that have extruded from depth and gravity spread over recent gravels.
- Profiles through the summit of a small nearly axisymmetric extrusion of Oligocene and Miocene salt, and simple analogue models of it, simulate the profiles of piles of ductile nappes extruded from convergent orogens.
The Oligocene epoch lasted from 35.4 to 23.3 million years ago. It was a time of falling temperatures, with evidence of the first primates
mid 19th century: from oligo- 'few' + Greek kainos 'new'.
Más definiciones de OligoceneDefinición de Oligocene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.