Definición de Onondaga en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Onondagas)
1A member of an Iroquois people, one of the five comprising the original Iroquois confederacy, formerly inhabiting an area near Syracuse, New York.
- Hofstra begins by recalling a violent skirmish in 1742 on the Virginia frontier between white settlers and a group of Oneidas and Onondagas traveling from their homelands in New York to the Carolinas.
- In one pending claim, the Onondagas claim they own a large tract of land on which sits, among many other things, the city of Syracuse.
- Then Olbrechts spent three months in 1928 among the Tuscarora, and in 1929 he was for a brief time with the Onondaga.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Onondaga or their language.
- The Tuscarora slowly emigrated into Iroquois territory and settled amongst the Oneida (and on Onondaga margins).
- The next speaker, Audrey Shenandoah, is a Clan Mother of the Eel Clan, Onondaga Nation.
- A delegation of 40 Onondaga envoys arrived to negotiate a cease-fire and were seized and sent back to France as slaves.
from the Iroquoian name of their main settlement, literally 'on the hill'.
Definición de Onondaga en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia