sustantivo (plural igual or Onondagas)
- 1A member of an Iroquois people, one of the five comprising the original Iroquois confederacy, formerly inhabiting an area near Syracuse, New York.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hofstra begins by recalling a violent skirmish in 1742 on the Virginia frontier between white settlers and a group of Oneidas and Onondagas traveling from their homelands in New York to the Carolinas.
- In one pending claim, the Onondagas claim they own a large tract of land on which sits, among many other things, the city of Syracuse.
- Then Olbrechts spent three months in 1928 among the Tuscarora, and in 1929 he was for a brief time with the Onondaga.
- 2 [mass noun] The extinct Iroquoian language of the Onondaga.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cherokee language belongs to the Iroquoian family of languages and is therefore related to Mohawk, Seneca, Onondaga, Oneida, Cayuga, and Tuscarora, among others.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Onondaga or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Tuscarora slowly emigrated into Iroquois territory and settled amongst the Oneida (and on Onondaga margins).
- The next speaker, Audrey Shenandoah, is a Clan Mother of the Eel Clan, Onondaga Nation.
- A delegation of 40 Onondaga envoys arrived to negotiate a cease-fire and were seized and sent back to France as slaves.
from the Iroquoian name of their main settlement, literally 'on the hill'.
Más definiciones de OnondagaDefinición de Onondaga en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.