A group of molluscs which includes the sea slugs and sea hares. They have a small or absent shell and are typically brightly coloured with conspicuous external gills.
- Subclass Opisthobranchia, class Gastropoda
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter group includes radically modified animals, the Opisthobranchia and Pulmonata, which undergo detorsion and essentially re-evolve bilateral symmetry.
- In fact, as with the Opisthobranchia, shell reduction has occurred independently a number of times in different lineages.
- However, as with Tritonia, many other members of the subclass Opisthobranchia also exhibit swimming behavior.
modern Latin (plural), from opistho- 'to the rear' + brankhia 'gills'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The opisthobranchs include the sea slugs and their relatives the sea hares, sea butterflies, canoe shells, and others.
- Despite their apparent common origin and similarities in nervous system organization, the opisthobranchs display a wide variety of body forms and locomotory behaviors.
- Thus, the opisthobranchs exhibit a great diversity of swimming behaviors.
Definición de Opisthobranchia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.