- Relating to the Orkney Islands or their inhabitants.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Orkney side are hoping for a large number of exiled Orcadian rugby fans, living in or around Stirling, to turn up and show their support on the day.
- Its annual festivals, both arts and science, I take for granted; its new buildings in Kirkwall and Stromness are typical of Orcadian enterprise.
- A body set up by the fish farming industry, Food Certification Scotland Limited, has now started certifying Orcadian salmon farms as organic.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A native or inhabitant of the Orkney Islands.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many of its post-war cultural initiatives owe their success to the rich chemistry between those who have come to live there and the native Orcadians whose potential they have helped to realise.
- Scots are Glaswegians and Orcadians and Gaels as well.
- But it has always been an important part of Scottish life, as the hundreds of Orcadians who travelled the world on board Hudson Bay Company ships and generations of dock workers in Govan would testify.
from Orcades, the Latin name for the Orkney Islands, + -ian.