- A poet who could entrance wild beasts with the beauty of his singing and lyre playing. He went to the underworld after the death of his wife Eurydice and secured her release from the dead, but lost her because he failed to obey the condition that he must not look back at her until they had reached the world of the living.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to the Orphean myth, this will either destroy you, or you'll go into the underworld, face it and return, having grown from the experience.
- For an art form whose supposed pinnacle captures The Moment - The Here And Now - the temptation for pop music to look back at itself has been virtually Orphean in its irresistibility.
- And it may also loosely incorporate an Orphean Myth or even be an allegory for filmmaking itself, but first and foremost, Moulin Rouge is spectacle, a shameless supernova of visual excess.
Más definiciones de OrpheusDefinición de Orpheus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.