Definición de Osage orange en inglés:
A small spiny North American deciduous tree which bears inedible green orange-like fruit. Its durable orange-coloured timber was formerly used by American Indians for bows and other weapons.
- Maclura pomifera, family Moraceae
- Connie Barlow writes that the Osage orange tree is rare.
- Probably one of the most common questions I hear is ‘Is it okay to make a bow from a wood other than yew or Osage orange?’
- These extinct American herbivores once dispersed the seeds of such big-fruited plants as honey locust, Kentucky coffee tree, and Osage orange, all of which produce fruits that no native animal today regards as food.
Definición de Osage orange en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan