- A white New Zealander as opposed to a Maori: [as modifier]: Pakeha influencesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So it's a mystery why, unique in the world, some European New Zealanders refer to themselves as pakehas - an insulting name originally applied by the Maoris to the fair-skinned Imperialists who were in the process of conquering them!‘.
- In the same speech he uttered the weighty words ‘Maori and pakeha are both indigenous people to New Zealand now‘.
- The latest New Zealand Census-Mortality Study shows that Maori die younger than pakeha, even after controlling for socioeconomic status.
Más definiciones de PakehaDefinición de Pakeha en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.