sustantivo (plural igual or Pawnees)
- 1A member of an American Indian confederacy formerly living in Nebraska, and now mainly in Oklahoma.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Trained as a scientist, not a moralist, Grinnell logged the words, actions, practices, history, and religious beliefs of Blackfeet, Pawnees, and Cheyennes as accurately and faithfully as possible.
- Since I was young, the Pawnees and the Comanches have been enemies.
- Of the Kansas Indians, there were the Kaws and Pawnees and still others.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of the Pawnee, belonging to the Caddoan family and now almost extinct.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Caddoan language family includes the Caddo, Wichita, Pawnee, and Arikara languages, which are found on the central Plains.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Pawnee or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His vivid portrayals of Huron, Apache and Pawnee warriors make history come alive.
- Indeed, the military force protecting the railroad builders included a troop of Pawnee scouts, who were highly regarded.
- He initially printed Pawnee stories in the pages of his own magazine and then collected them in book form.
from Canadian French Pani, from a North American Indian language.
Más definiciones de PawneeDefinición de Pawnee en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.