Definición de Pedi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Pedis)
1A member of a people traditionally inhabiting the northern region of South Africa.
- A small chiefdom of perhaps 10,000 people in the 1870s, based around a strongly fortified village, the Ndzundza sided with the British and Swazi in the conquest of the Pedi in 1879.
- The region considered a traditional home by many rural Pedi is between the Olifants and Steelpoort rivers in South Africa's Northern Province.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Pedi or their language.
- The amalaita were Zulu-speakers in Natal, but, in Johannesburg and Pretoria, Pedi youths from the eastern Transvaal formed similar associations.
- One of these churches, the Zion Christian Church, was founded by two Pedi brothers.
- A Pedi speaker, Maepa was one of the first women to become a member of Mapula in 1991, and by 2005 was coordinating the activities of nearly half the women in the project.
from Sotho Mopedi, denoting a member of this people.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan