(also Pennsylvania German)
- A dialect of High German spoken in parts of Pennsylvania, chiefly by descendants of 17th- and 18th-century Protestant immigrants.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Amish speak English, German, and a dialect known as Pennsylvania German or Pennsylvania Dutch.
- I quickly made a virus called Heevahava, the name being a Pennsylvania Dutch pejorative for a simpleton, colloquially - a farmhand given the job of harvesting sperm from a bull.
- By ‘smear-case’ he meant Smierkase, a Pennsylvania Dutch term.
Dutch from German Deutsch 'German'.
Más definiciones de Pennsylvania DutchDefinición de Pennsylvania Dutch en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.