- 1Relating to the state of Pennsylvania.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The co-author of the Pennsylvanian study said it showed that early infancy constituted a critical period for the establishment of obesity.
- The fourth plane crashed, upside down, not into a landmark but into the Pennsylvanian countryside, after what seems to have been heroic resistance from the passengers.
- There are some satellite photos of a Pennsylvanian amusement park.
- 2 Geology Relating to or denoting the later part of the Carboniferous period in North America, following the Mississippian and preceding the Permian, and corresponding to the Upper Carboniferous of Europe. This period lasted from about 323 to 290 million years ago.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Compared with Pennsylvanian times, early Mississippian tropical wetland ecosystems are poorly understood.
- It was not until 1953 that the United States Geological Survey adopted these terms, and it has since been shown that the Pennsylvanian boundary is younger than the Lower-Upper Carboniferous boundary in Europe.
- Finally, although the Mississippian and Pennsylvanian systems have been used in North America since the last century, their boundaries have never been defined faunally.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A native or inhabitant of Pennsylvania.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Shouldn't Pennsylvanians and all Americans expect the same thing?
- Of course, states raised men differently - southern states relied more on militiamen than did their northern counterparts - but as these figures indicate, New Englanders and Pennsylvanians predominated in the main army.
- Pittsburghers and western Pennsylvanians are homegrown people.
Más definiciones de PennsylvanianDefinición de Pennsylvanian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.