- The first five books of the Old Testament (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). Traditionally ascribed to Moses, it is now held by scholars to be a compilation from texts of the 9th to 5th centuries bc. Jewish name Torah.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The authority of earlier tradition is exemplified in the fusion of two Pentateuchal commands about the Passover sacrifice.
- He has indeed demonstrated the centrality of worship for Pentateuchal theology, and the book will be of interest to scholar and theological student alike.
- This reverses his suggestion that the Elijah-Elisha cycle deliberately shortened the earlier Pentateuchal narratives.
via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek pentateukhos, from penta- 'five' + teukhos 'implement, book'.
Más definiciones de PentateuchDefinición de Pentateuch en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.