- Relating to or denoting a proposed superfamily or phylum of American Indian languages, most of which are now extinct or nearly so. Some scholars include certain living languages of Central and South America, principally Mayan and Mapuche, in this group.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They speak a Sahaptian dialect of the Penutian language family, which is common among other Plateau groups in the mid-Columbia River region.
- Some linguists have categorized it as a Penutian language.
- The Penutian language group of Western America is related to the languages of the Maya and the Zoque of Mesoamerica.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- The Penutian family of languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Costanoans (which means "coast people" in Spanish) spoke Penutian and lived along California's Central Coast.
- Eventually, the people who spoke Penutian arrived.
from pen and uti, words for 'two' in two groups of Penutian languages + -an.
Más definiciones de PenutianDefinición de Penutian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.