Definición de Pequot en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Pequots)
1A member of an American Indian people of southern New England.
- With the advent of war, Plymouth gained support from New England's other colonies and from Mohegans, Pequots, and many Christian Indians.
- They also sought to help Pequots and other Indians recover from a lifetime of negative stereotypes about ‘savages’ in classrooms, museums, and popular culture.
- The history of the Pequots, like the history of the Chippewa that her novels relate, cannot be told as a single story along clean lines.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Pequot or their language.
- During the Pequot War, the colonists' Narragansett and Mohegan allies offered Pequot heads as gifts.
- The four-lobed medallion is another symbolic motif often found on Mohegan and Pequot baskets.
- With Mohegan and Narragansett support, the English attacked the Pequot town of Mystic on 26 May 1637.
from Narragansett paquatanog 'destroyers'.
Definición de Pequot en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan