sustantivo (plural igual or Pequots)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of southern New England.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With the advent of war, Plymouth gained support from New England's other colonies and from Mohegans, Pequots, and many Christian Indians.
- They also sought to help Pequots and other Indians recover from a lifetime of negative stereotypes about ‘savages’ in classrooms, museums, and popular culture.
- The history of the Pequots, like the history of the Chippewa that her novels relate, cannot be told as a single story along clean lines.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Pequot or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the Pequot War, the colonists' Narragansett and Mohegan allies offered Pequot heads as gifts.
- The four-lobed medallion is another symbolic motif often found on Mohegan and Pequot baskets.
- With Mohegan and Narragansett support, the English attacked the Pequot town of Mystic on 26 May 1637.
from Narragansett paquatanog 'destroyers'.
Más definiciones de PequotDefinición de Pequot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.