Definición de Phasmida en inglés:
1 Entomology An order of insects that comprises the stick insects and leaf insects. They have very long bodies that resemble twigs or leaves.
- Leaf insects, so-called because they resemble broad leaves, are grouped in the same order as stick insects, Phasmida, however only about 30 species of the total 3000 are leaf insects.
- Phasmida have elongate bodies. Our species are wingless as adults. However, some tropical forms are winged and are called leaf insects.
- Phasmida are hemimetabolous and generally elongate, though some forms (Leaf-Insects) are broad and flattened.
phasmid sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- A strange order of Insects, close to the coleopterans, has been given the name of phasmids, indicating their ability to remain invisible to neighbors by imitating the forms and colors of the trees on which they alight.
- Today's stick insects (or phasmids, as scientists call them) show great variety; e.g. some have wings and some do not.
- We found anti-GPA - 3 antibody staining in the cilia, cell bodies, and axons of many amphid cells and the two phasmid cells PHA and PHB.
Words that rhyme with PhasmidaPhillida • cylinder
Definición de Phasmida en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan