- A rare form of progressive dementia, typically in late middle age and often familial, involving localized atrophy of the brain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It forms the neurofibrillary tangles of Alzheimer's disease, Pick's disease, progressive supranuclear palsy, frontotemporal dementia, corticobasal degeneration, postencephalitic parkinsonism, and a handful of others.
- A variety of other degenerative diseases have been, and are being, identified as causes of dementia, including Creutzfeldt Jakob disease and Pick's disease.
- Treatment, which may include medications, is directed at improving daily function and quality of life. The course of Pick's disease is an inevitable progressive deterioration.
early 20th century: named after Arnold Pick (1851–1924), Bohemian neurologist.
Más definiciones de Pick's diseaseDefinición de Pick's disease en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.