Definición de Pict en inglés:
A member of an ancient people inhabiting northern Scotland in Roman times.
- The kingdom was created by the Gaels of northern Argyll, who advanced up the Great Glen and, with the Norse from Orkney, overcame the Picts in northern Scotland in the 9th cent.
- Hadrian was also known for building a wall to defend Roman Britain from the Scottish Picts to the North.
- First, Scotland was multi-ethnic: Britons, Irish, Picts, English, Norse.
from late Latin Picti, perhaps from pict- 'painted, tattooed' (from pingere 'to paint'), or perhaps influenced by a local name.
Pictish adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- These drawings have been assumed to be Viking, but the style of carving is Pictish.
- Other finds included a whalebone weaving comb, and the earliest black-painted Pictish pebbles yet found, dating to about 100 BC.
- The curved style of the walls suggest that this earlier structure dates from the 8th century and could be the remains of a Pictish monastery.
Definición de Pict en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan