Definición de Pima en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Pimas)
1A member of an American Indian people living chiefly along the Gila and Salt Rivers in Arizona and in northern Mexico.
- However, this thrifty genotype hypothesis is not considered a sufficient explanation for the post-World War II rise in diabetes prevalence among the Pimas and other Native American groups.
- One strategy is to plant vegetable varieties adapted to growing in drought conditions, like tepary beans from the Pimas of central Arizona and Hopi corn developed to grow in sand dunes without irrigation.
- Some of the groups with the highest rates of diabetes (e.g., the Pimas, Puebloans, and River Yumans) also have the longest history of intensive agricultural subsistence.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Pima or their language.
- Indeed, his case studies of the Yakima and the Pima Indians provide extraordinarily vivid examples of the effects reclamation had on local power relations.
- More than half of all Pima Indians over age 35 have diabetes, a condition arising from a body's decreased ability to metabolize glucose.
- Indeed, approximately 95 percent of Pima Indians with diabetes are overweight.
Definición de Pima en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan