- Relating to the English royal dynasty which held the throne from the accession of Henry II in 1154 until the death of Richard III in 1485.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both these peers - the first of royal Plantagenet lineage, the second very much a new man, a Russell of the second generation - were decided Protestants, in favour of the new deal.
- Unlike his tall and golden haired Plantagenet siblings, Richard was dark and short of stature, grandson of Edmund of York who had taken as a wife Princess Isabella of Castile whose descent was traced back to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad.
- Originally part of the great council or the king's council of the Norman and Plantagenet monarchs, the Lords became separated from the Commons in the reign of Edward III.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A member of the Plantagenet dynasty.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus began the rivalry between the Capetians and the Plantagenets as well as the birth of the Gothic style in France.
- The Plantagenets wanted him christened Henry after his grandfather, but Constance named him Arthur for the legendary King Arthur, a name to conjure with among the Bretons.
- Philip spent the first years of his reign battling the Plantagenets.
from Latin planta genista 'sprig of broom', said to be worn as a crest by and given as a nickname to Geoffrey, count of Anjou, the father of Henry II.
Más definiciones de PlantagenetDefinición de Plantagenet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.