- 1Of or associated with the Greek philosopher Plato or his ideas: readers of the Platonic dialogues a kind of Platonic ideal of a New York City apartmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An authoritarian response would be to delegate power to a paternalistic dictator, a Platonic philosopher king.
- I think that Greek Tragedy and the Platonic dialogues are positively riddled with irony.
- Garbo's face, still, white, perfect, like a mask, resembles the timeless Platonic ideal of beauty as it exists in the mind of God.
- 2Confined to words, theories, or ideals, and not leading to practical action: a Platonic gestureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An anti-capitalist movement must be equal to this, otherwise it will not be effective, unless of course you intend your movement to be merely Platonic.
- It would be more useful if our West European partners' position was less platonic and if they made a more energetic and persistent effort to pound it into the Americans.
- An eminent diplomatic commentator wrote that the action taken by France in response to atomic tests by South Africa would not be purely platonic.
mid 16th century: via Latin from Greek Platōnikos, from Platōn 'Plato'. See also platonic.
Más definiciones de PlatonicDefinición de Platonic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.