- 1Relating to or denoting the first epoch of the Quaternary period, between the Pliocene and Holocene epochs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Japan, decapods associated with coral reef deposits were described in Miocene and Pliocene and Pleistocene rocks.
- In general, species richness in the Miocene and Pliocene was high whereas Pleistocene and Recent diversity is very low.
- What is most difficult in tectonic geomorphological studies is to establish the late Pleistocene - Holocene chronology.
The Pleistocene epoch lasted from 1,640,000 to about 10,000 years ago. It was marked by great fluctuations in temperature that caused the ice ages, with glacial periods followed by warmer interglacial periods. Several forms of fossil human, leading up to modern humans, appeared during this epoch
mid 19th century: from Greek pleistos 'most' + kainos 'new'.
Más definiciones de PleistoceneDefinición de Pleistocene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.