Definición de Portuguese en inglés:
Relating to Portugal or its people or language.
- His first task on arriving in Mozambique was to do a Portuguese language training course so he could converse with the local people.
- South of the river, in the Zambezi Valley, the people adopted Portuguese dress, language, and religion to a larger extent.
- It seems to be that they concentrate on particular projects and ones that deal in Portuguese language only.
sustantivo (plural igual)Volver al principio
1A native or inhabitant of Portugal, or a person of Portuguese descent.
- The Irish are the latest to get on the building bandwagon, which had been dominated by the Italians, Germans and Portuguese.
- The survivors, who are Spanish and Portuguese, are expected to leave for home today.
- He prevented the Danish fleet from falling into French hands and supported the Spaniards and Portuguese in their struggle against Napoleon.
2 [mass noun] The language of Portugal and Brazil, a Romance language spoken by about 160 million people.
- You hear French and Portuguese spoken on the streets a lot.
- It seems there are many dialects of Portuguese spoken in several countries in South America.
- Brazil and East Timor are former Portuguese colonies, and Portuguese is spoken in both.
Definición de Portuguese en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary