Definición de Pre-Raphaelite en inglés:
- In Europe, a group of artists known as the Pre-Raphaelites revived old techniques of flame making and ornamentation.
- Artists practising in both the minute style of the Pre-Raphaelites and the broader modes of Impressionism found support in photography.
- Many of the exhibiting societies favoured by the Pre-Raphaelites, such as the Hogarth Club, had architect as well as artist members and they exhibited side-by-side.
Seven young English artists and writers founded the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood in 1848 as a reaction against the slick sentimentality and academic convention of much Victorian art. Their work is characterized by strong line and colour, naturalistic detail, and often biblical or literary subjects. The group began to disperse in the 1850s, and the term became applied to the rather different later work of Rossetti, and that of Burne-Jones and William Morris, in which a romantic and decorative depiction of classical and medieval themes had come to predominate
adjetivoVolver al principio
- But it already revealed that he was a follower of Ruskin and the Pre-Raphaelite style of landscape.
- As the nineteenth century progressed, English and American artists were drawn to the enormously influential theories of John Ruskin and the Pre-Raphaelite painters, who favored minutely detailed landscapes.
- This stunning Victorian building is home to the world's largest collection of Pre-Raphaelite art, an outstanding collection of glass and ceramics and the superb Edwardian Tea Room.
- No knights in shining armour, medieval trappings or masses of red hair are necessary for Knightly to express a Pre-Raphaelite aesthetic.
- Off court, hair down, they are Pre-Raphaelite beauties.
- As a painter he worked mainly in water-colour; his subjects were often in a romantic Pre-Raphaelite vein.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gothicism; Pre-Raphaelitism and the Arts and Crafts movement; Modernism: all are represented strongly in this autumn's exhibitions.
- Hunt's efforts brought about a fashion in Boston for French paintings, causing the local devotees of British Pre-Raphaelitism to rise up in arms.
- Hunt's reaction was to develop his own unique blend of Pre-Raphaelitism.
Palabras que riman con Pre-Raphaeliterushlight • firelight
Definición de Pre-Raphaelite en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.