Definición de Presbyterian en inglés:
Relating to or denoting a Christian Church or denomination governed by elders according to the principles of Presbyterianism: a Presbyterian minister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That continued when we moved to Minnesota, and I started as a lay volunteer with the church staff and elders at Christ Presbyterian, a very large Presbyterian church.
- By contrast, the prayers uttered in other Christian groups, especially the Churches of Christ and Presbyterian denominations, tend to reinforce what has been taught from the Bible.
- It is, he believes, an accelerating decline, even in conservative Presbyterian denominations.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A member of a Presbyterian Church.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- By comparison twenty-one years after the arrival of their first missionary, Presbyterians had 32 churches and 1,729 members.
- Elements from each church would form the structure of the new institution, with the traditions of bishops taken from the Episcopal Church, elders from the Presbyterians and United Reformed Church, and lay preachers from the Methodists.
- Toward that end he is planning trips to Korea and New Zealand this year to raise the seminary's profile among the Korean Presbyterians and Reformed Churches of New Zealand.
1.1An advocate of the Presbyterian system.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For example, we owe the Presbyterians thanks for the system of representation adopted at the Constitutional Convention, as well as the concept of a dedicated public statesman.
- Their views and ecclesiastical organization were similar to those of Presbyterians, with whom they easily merged.
- For the sake of context, let me tell you two things that Presbyterians believe about church government.
Palabras que riman con PresbyterianAlgerian, Cancerian, Chaucerian, Cimmerian, criterion, Hesperian, Hitlerian, Hyperion, Iberian, Liberian, Nigerian, Shakespearean, Siberian, Spenserian, Sumerian, valerian, Wagnerian, Zairean
Definición de Presbyterian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda